Medical & Psychiatric History
Prior to your initial appointment we will ask you to send us information about yourself, your prior medical and psychiatric history, and your health insurance information. We will also provide you with our practice policies, including those that protect your personal information.
At your initial appointment (consultation), you will meet Dr. Stracks. The goal is to get to know you and determine how we may best be of service to you. It is important to us that you are comfortable with our evaluation and the treatment goals that we set together.
We recommend visiting the website for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). Here you can find a wealth of information on mental health statistics, conditions, warning signs, treatments, and more. You can also find support and help support others on NAMI's message boards.
If you or a loved one are suicidal or you feel that you might harm yourself or others, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department. You can also call the Danbury Hospital Crisis Center at (203) 739-7007 or (888) 447-3339, or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-TALK (8255).
- We are not accepting insurance through the New York office. We can provide documentation for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement for our services. We cannot guarantee reimbursement from your insurance company.
- In Connecticut, we accept Medicare and most major insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company or you may call our office at (203) 405-1745 to find out if we accept your plan.
- If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. If you have a question related to your bill or insurance, please contact us at (718) 887-2918 in New York or (203) 405-1745 in Connecticut.
- If your insurance is an HMO/managed care plan and you are required to obtain a referral from your primary care physician, the referral must be obtained before you can be seen for an office visit. Please coordinate this with your primary care physician in advance.Appointments will be rescheduled if required referrals are not received in the office by the time of your visit.
- Prescriptions and refills for established patients of Dr. Mark Stracks are routinely issued at the time of your appointment. Please contact Dr. Stracks via cell phone if you need refills at other times. While we try to refill prescriptions in a timely manner, we can not always do so immediately. It is helpful to anticipate your refill needs to avoid an interruption in your medication therapy.